General ManagerReference # 2022-8447 Location Waterloo
General Manager, at Boston Pizza, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 24 years running, oversee the daily Heart of House operations of Canada’s leading casual dining restaurant. They are responsible for ensuring that our most important people, our guests and our Heart of House team members, have an excellent Boston Pizza experience from start to finish. Skilled at overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels, they also demonstrate outstanding leadership, have a strong foodservice background, communicate effectively and most of all, champion a fun and safe working environment for all.
Job Type: Full Time
Flexible Schedule Required
- Job Level: Management
Ingredients for Success
What makes a successful kitchen manager at Boston Pizza? Here are the top traits we are looking for.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Expert
The experience I acquired from working in the Heart of House at Boston Pizza as both a Line Cook and Kitchen Manager have forever changed my life and helped shape me into who I am today. Learning how to cook multiple dishes as quickly as possible, with the highest level of quality while upholding BP standards is challenging; however, the fast paced, exciting, team-oriented environment is also very rewarding. Working in the kitchen at BP’s taught me many valuable life skills including time management, food safety, and respect for all others that I currently still utilize every day. Some of my fondest memories and life-long friendships come from working in the kitchen at Boston Pizza.- Darcy McNeil, Kitchen Manager
My time as a Kitchen Manager at Boston Pizza taught me the importance of team culture and employee development. To execute a busy dinner service, the Heart of House team needs to have energy, communication, passion, and focus on providing quality meals to every guest that walks through our doors. These are characteristics of any great team. My favorite part of leading a kitchen was working with my team members to grow their skills while developing a team that trusts each other and works effectively to create the best experience for our guests.- Maddison Olsen, Kitchen Manager
- Fun environment where you'll meet future life long friends
- The company is always striving to be better
- Opportunities to grow for everyone
- We value performance and results but also our team members
Boston Pizza offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Kitchen Manager branches to Regional Kitchen Manager or General Manager
Regional Kitchen Manager ends this branch.General Manager branches to Operating Partner (Franchisee Career Path) or Regional Operations Manager (Corporate Career Path)
Operating Partner (Franchisee Career Path) branches to Franchisee.Regional Operations Manager (Corporate Career Path) branches to Senior Operations Manager
Franchisee ends this branch.Senior Operations Manager branches to Director of Operations.
Director of Operations ends this branch.
Training & Professional Development
Online and on the job training. Manager Development Certification and Management Training Program. Leadership conference and leadership on the road.
Flex scheduling, days or nights.
55 year old company with over 375 Restaurants from coast to coast!
A company entrenched in community service with opportunities to give back.
Share your best ideas with our corporate team – KM Corner, KM Council, Access to Regional Operations Managers, Senior Operations Managers and Senior Leadership
Awards & Recognition
BPI Scholarship Awards
General ManagerReference # 2022-8447 Location Waterloo Date posted 06/06/2022 Address Waterloo - 597 King Street North Waterloo, Ontario N2V 2N3 Canada
General Manager (GM)
General Managers at Canada's leading casual dining restaurant, Boston Pizza, oversees the daily operations to ensure the delivery of a great Guest experience while focusing on achieving goals and budget expectations. This individual must have exceptional communication skills, leadership experience, and the organizational skills needed to support a dynamic team. They also have to be passionate about developing & motivating their team members and being able to recognize star performers.
In addition to enhancing the Guest and team member experience, the General Manager will work to attract Guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that our most important people, our Guests and team members, have an excellent Boston Pizza experience from start to finish. They also demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities, believe in championing a fun and safe work environment and contribute to a thriving workplace culture.
Why Is BP A Great Place To Work?
- What is important to you matters to us, so we have raised the bar to provide flexible scheduling that fits your lifestyle and contributes to your life-work balance
- Come for a job, stay for a career – there are exciting opportunities for career growth within the restaurant or at Boston Pizza head office
- Build relationships and give back to your local community
- Boston Pizza Scholarship Program *
- Management Training Programs, Leadership Development conferences and access to dynamic mentorship programs and initiatives
- A respectful culture and work environment where your feedback matters
- Fantastic reward and recognition programs
What does a successful General Manager look like?
- They are the leader of the restaurant overseeing both Front of House and Heart of House operations, ensuring both work together as one.
- Leads by example and works alongside their team members
- Achieves goals through strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Builds relationships by finding common ground and working cohesively with all team members
- Committed to championing the “Foundations of Hospitality”, "Heart of Hospitality," Boston Pizza's Brand Standards and Food Safety
- Effectively communicates, sharing goals, challenges and is continuously coaching the team on ways to progress
- Maintains composure and thrives in a fast pace environment
- Driven by professional development opportunities, and is consistently seeking new learning and skill-building moments
Boston Pizza was established over 50 years ago and is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's 50 Top Managed Companies for over 20 years in a row. We are committed to the development & growth of our team members, integrity, philanthropy and innovation. If you love working with people in a team environment and believe in exceeding the expectations of Guests daily, Boston Pizza is the place for you!
Freshly Made Careers
- You have 0 recently viewed jobs
- You have 0 jobs saved