Corporate Trainer - Entry LevelReference # CORPO001333 Location Mississauga Posting Date Nov. 15, 2023
Looking for an opportunity to make a real impact? We’re currently recruiting for a Corporate Trainer to join our amazing team of talented employees. We are looking for someone to support our Canadian market so we are open to candidates located in or around the following cities: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Montreal. Bilingual (English/French) a plus!
Boston Pizza International has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 1994. Serving more than 40 million guests annually, Boston Pizza International Inc. is Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand with more than 380 restaurants in Canada and more than $1 billion in sales. Boston Pizza has for decades enjoyed a significant takeout and delivery side to our business, which has served as a strong advantage vs. most competitors in helping us adjust to and successfully weather the significant impacts the pandemic has had on the broader restaurant industry. We hope you’ll consider joining us!
What you do:
In this entry level role, you will contribute to the success of the organization by working closely with new franchisees, management and staff, in the restaurants, with respect to training all duties and procedures related to the heart of house or front of house, in accordance with the Boston Pizza International training programs.
- You will build the Boston Pizza Brand through supporting New Restaurant Openings (NRO) across Canada (extensive travel will be required);
- You will carry out In-Depth, hands-on, training with our Franchisees, General Managers and Kitchen Managers through the Hospitality Leadership Training program (HLT);
- You will provide training and support to our franchisees, managers, and restaurant level staff during new/re-sale support training in areas such as Dine-In, Takeout and Delivery, POSi Touch software, labour costs, operations, menu execution, food cost, and scheduling;
- You will work with the Senior Training Manager and Lead Corporate Trainers on supporting the development of training programs, training tools and management resources;
- You will support franchisees to achieve business goals and operate world-class restaurants through standardized Corporate Training programs for Franchisees and Managers;
- You will monitor the resources at the Corporate Training Restaurants and updates when applicable.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role at a casual dining restaurant, either in the Front of House or Heart of House;
- You must be available for extensive travel for extended periods of time (if applicable);
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bilingual (English/French) a plus!
- You have basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office programs and Microsoft Teams;
- You have great training and public speaking skills;
- You are agile, adaptable and can handle ever changing situations, some of which can be difficult;
- You are flexible with the ability to adjust your schedule as situations arise;
- You are a team player and can work independently;
- You must have good organizational skills and problem-solving skills;
- You have reliable transportation and hold a valid driver's license;
Why you want to work with us:
- We’re an organization with a strong emphasis on team culture;
- We support professional development by funding continuing education courses, seminars and professional association memberships;
- We’re always looking to promote internal talent;
- We have a tight-knit team to support you every step of the way;
- We’re focused on giving back to the communities we live, work and play in.
- If you know someone who might be interested, share this posting with them;
- If you’re interested, send us your resume;
- If we’re interested, we’ll reach out to you to schedule a phone screen;
- If you continue to be a prime candidate, we’ll schedule a virtual interview;
- If you’re our leading candidate, we’ll conduct reference and background checks and provided they’re as good as we expect, we’ll extend you an offer.
The base starting salary for this role is $50,000/year.
At Boston Pizza International, we recognize that our decisions are better and our ultimate success greater when we work together as equal members of one family. We are committed to a culture that welcomes, encourages and celebrates the diversity of our team members.